For Immediate Release Sept. 21
Inaugural Launch of BC’s Only Professional Photography Festival
Presented by PPOCBC and Beau Photo, PHTOTGraphie Festival launches Sept. 26, 2014
Vancouver, BC…..The launch of PHOTOGraphie Festival is one week away at The Roundhouse in Yaletown! From September 26 to 29, 2014 this community event will have something for everyone and promises to inspire entertain and educate in the arena of Professional Photography. There will be plenty of free events for the public as well as tickets to purchase for Beau Photo’s Fusion Trade Show. Browse the gallery, watch an image competition judging, listen in on free micro-talks, sign up for hands on workshops geared towards amateurs, pros and videographers or peruse to hottest technology at the Fusion Trade Show. Fine Artists Faye and Trevor Yerbury, this year’s keynote speakers, will be selling their work with partial proceeds to benefit SEVA. SEVA is dedicated to preventing blindness and restoring vision across the globe. Go to www.roundhouse.ca for location information and www.photographiefestival.ca for more festival details.
Anna Beaudry, past PPOC-BC President, says “We are so excited the launch of PHOTOGraphie Festival is almost here! We are pleased the news is getting out about this inspirational community event. We even have word that one youth, who plans on becoming a professional photographer, is coming all the way from Kelowna with his family to attend the event!”
Beau Photo’s Fusion speaker series covering topics like sports, travel, fashion, fine art and film are filling up fast. Get your tickets and sign up at: www.photographiefestival.ca/fusion-2014
Free events include:
- Gallery showcasing member work, youth photography and Fine Artist Trevor and Faye Yerbury Sept. 27-28
- Image competition: judging can be watched in the exhibit hall theater room
- Micro-talks Saturday Sept. 27
- 12:15 “Revive your Film Camera” speaker: Kathy Kinakin, www.beauphoto.com
- 1:15 “Up Your Selfie Game: speaker: Jillian and Claire Chateauneuf, www.ridgeviewphoto.com
- 2:15 “10 Tips to Better Photos” speaker: Dennis Lee, www.dennisleephotog.com
- 3:15 “Online Profile Pics-Your First Impression”-How to hire a pro for online profile headshot, speaker: Jason Brown www.rastudio.ca
Don’t forget to register to attend the other exciting events:
- Fun Night-Sat. Sept. 27: $15-Try equipment courtesy of Beau Photo, network and dance! Pizza and first drink included. West 7 Studios: 14 W. 7th ave.
- Fusion Trade Show and Seminars: Sun. Sept. 28, Tix range from $10.50- $78.75 Buy Trade Show only, or choose 1-4 seminars. Seminar pkgs. incl. entry to trade show
- Yerbury talk and workshop
- Register for Fun night/Yerburys at www.photographiefestival.ca
- Register for Fusion trade show/workshops at www.photographiefestival.ca/fusion-2014
Friday the 26th VIP night includes a red carpet welcome, refreshments and light snacks, gallery viewing and meet Fine Artists Faye and Trevor Yerbury. Media wishing to attend please contact Renee Charboneau: contact information below.
PHOTOGraphie is presented in partnership with Professional Photographers of Canada BC, Beau Photo’s Fusion 2014, Vancouver Photo Workshops and The Roundhouse.
The PPOC (Professional Photographers of Canada) is dedicated to preserving high standards and ethics in the photography field as well as providing support and education for it’s members. Learn more about us at www.ppoc-bc.ca and read up on our keynote guests at www.yerburystudio.com.
Contact; Renee Charboneau |PPOC-BC (Gallery/VIP Night Lead co-ordinator) |604-649-1221 | firstname.lastname@example.org